Pages

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Sleep Study

salam to all..

Sleep study??? ape tu....
first time dengar doc suggest untuk buat test tu, macam tekejut jugakla..ada jugak ujian tido rupenye.. actually doc minta saya buat test ni due to my hypertension problem since 2005. so far, few test have been done in HSNZ, Kuala Terengganu to find the cause of the hypertension because i'm still young(they call it young hypertension)..

it's all started during the past fasting month when Isuddenly collapse at school. kak fizah took me to the clinic..the BP was 120/70, and glucose level is 5.4 (both are normal) but my heartbeat is faster than usual, about 120 per min,huhu...so the doc suggest me to do ECG (electocardiogram)....
so I went to UIA clinic (suggested by kak mahani-thanks) to do an ECG.. lucky to went there coz there's not so many patient and i don't have to wait longer..but before that the nurse suggested me to see the doctor first for some consultation....wait a while and do some ECG..
later, the result was out and the doc said that everything is normal at the ECG...so, he asked me some question about my history in hypertension, treatment and symptoms that I have.. based on the symptoms, maybe I have a postural hypotension(also known as orthostatic hypertension)... then he talk something about sleeping problem and asked me if I snored during sleep..of course la..hehe.. so he asked me to have the sleep study at the HTAA...

so, I have my sleep study at HTAA on 18 Oct 2010..check in at the 7B Mawar ward at 3.30pm...wait until night and sleep with all the wires...this is how it looks like..

all of the wires are attached to parts of my body

the sleep study was conducted from 12am to 6am.. the next morning, doing nothing (so bored) and wait until doc discharge me in the evening...the result is on 26 Oct at the UIA clinic...

26 Oct, went to see Dr How again at UIA...the result shows that I have a sleep apnea but at the moderate stage with 6.4.(normal people is below 5). so, there's no need any medical treatment, but I was advised to reduce my weight,huhu.. Dr How asked me again about the symptoms that i currently have..and he decided to conduct another test..( I will write the details about this test later)...sooo tired of all this....(frens, do pray for my health...)

so, thats all for now, see again in the next post...

:) wassalam..

p/s: sorry for gramatical mistakes...feel easy to write in english to improve my writing and speaking... :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails